About WeaveGrid Engineering:
We’re building our Charging Orchestration service - a software platform which connects electric utilities, EV drivers, and EV manufacturers “behind the scenes”, not unlike online payments platforms connecting merchants and buyers on the Web. Our enterprise software platform allows electric utilities to compose and run different incentive programs at scale that deliver insights and $ benefits to EV drivers, while giving utilities more control over charging activity in their territories. The WeaveGrid software team combines seasoned experts from the renewable energy and utility software space with world class engineering talent from top software companies including Google, Slack, Zendesk, Redfin, and more.
About the opportunity:
As WeaveGrid’s head of engineering, you’ll have the unique opportunity to lead and dramatically grow the engineering team at one of the most promising climate-focused software companies.
This is an opportunity to establish the vision and own execution, guide the team through hypergrowth, and ensure our software systems grow gracefully by orders of magnitude along several dimensions (to serve more utilities, more drivers, more vehicles, and integrate with more car companies). Underpinning it all is the theme of SaaS-ification, i.e. you’ll help us unlock this growth with little incremental work, and reasonably low cloud costs.
- Rapidly scale up a diverse and inclusive engineering organization
- Nourish and define the culture: build an empowered, creative environment where everyone can do their best engineering work
- Build the framework to guide a fast-growing engineering team: team structure, performance management, KPIs/OKRs, and more
- Manage engineering leads to optimize for growth, output, and team happiness
- Ensure that teams consistently deliver high quality, timely work
- Be the liaison/bridge/translator between engineering and product, executives, and the rest of the business
- You’re mission driven and excited to leverage your SaaS experience to advance decarbonization (ClimateTech experience NOT required)
- You’ve built and led multiple engineering teams and have thought of what learnings you would apply to an earlier stage environment
- You’re a renaissance human - we’re a small but fast growing startup. You’ll have to put on a few hats and your role will evolve substantially over the next year
- You have led high-growth engineering teams and organizations in both startup and SaaS environments
- You have recruited teams from scratch with engineers, managers, and directors
- You have deep experience with frameworks for running engineering orgs
- You are an excellent communicator, self-driven, and are excited to work in a fast-growing startup
- You are mission-driven and excited to leverage your experience to advance decarbonization (climate tech experience NOT required)