About the role
At WeaveGrid, we are working to accelerate transportation electrification and grid decarbonization. We need to enroll, retain, and shape the behavior of electric vehicle (EV) drivers in our utility clients’ programs.
You will collaborate with your engineering, design, and product peers to build the front-end components of our Driver Application. This is our primary consumer-facing product so we will ask you to:
- Develop and maintain core features that simplify and enrich the EV driver experience.
- Contribute to architecture that supports SaaS-ification of our driver-facing application, allowing for easy white-labeling and deployment to new utility customers.
- Test your code to ensure completeness and correctness
- Explore technologies new to WeaveGrid like GraphQL, Apollo, TypeScript, XState
- Measure and optimize front-end code quality and processes.
- Occasionally dive into our Python/Flask backend, MariaDB/DynamoDB, or Docker/Kubernetes.
- Use AWS, GitHub, Jira/Confluence, CircleCI, though experience here is not necessary.
- You want to apply your talents to meaningfully address climate change.
- You’re excited to work from home, and are available to meet with team members during reasonable local working hours
- You have professional experience with Agile software development, DevOps practices, and the meaning of quality assurance.
- You care about user experience, the craft of software, and constant learning.
About the process
- Apply, and send us your resume/CV (we’ll do our best to reply within a week).
- Present a portfolio, or existing work which shows what you have done in the last few years, including work that reflects your sensibility as a web developer.
- Complete a coding assessment demonstrating your abilities as a frontend engineer OR hop on a video call and complete a similar coding problem with one of our engineers collaboratively in real time.
- Interview with two small panels, spanning a variety of engineers and managers at WeaveGrid.
- Final interview with the Co-founders.