About the role
This role is within the Utility Solutions organization whose mission is to delight utility clients by delivering exceptional results for their EV programs. In this role, you will primarily be focused on managing the implementation, support, and successful growth of EV programs for our utility customers. Pending business needs and applicant experience this role may shift to include management responsibilities or specialized individual contributions. This role may also include supporting a wide variety of strategic business, product, and operational initiatives.
- Primary: Manage successful implementation and growth of projects
- Serve as project implementation manager for utility client post contract execution
- Assist with configuration and testing of designed solutions
- Provide utility customer training and support
- Develop case studies after successful deployment
- Engage clients to build joint program growth roadmaps
- Support customer retention and expansion objectives
- Secondary: Build and maintain great client relationships
- Serve as the primary point of contact for ongoing client programs
- Build great relationships across utility organizations
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the utility industry, pressures on the client, and the needs of utility customers
- Maintain metrics, share insights, and adapt ongoing work to ensure results
- Become the voice of the customer internally and clearly articulate client priorities to internal team
- Thirdly: Support new business development in a Solution Architect / Sales Engineer capacity
- Support development of presentations, demos, proposals, and contract SoWs
- Collect current and future technical requirements from clients and coordinate with product, engineering, and data science teams to assess value, feasibility, and schedule
You are experienced at managing clients and building ongoing business relationships with a clear focus on the highest impact opportunities.
You are known for excellent prioritization and project management skills. You have worked in fluid and fast-paced environments, whether in startups, industry consulting or elsewhere. In particular, you are flexible enough to take on the most urgent tasks as they arise.
You expect to work with people of different backgrounds and areas of expertise on a daily basis and can effortlessly switch context between technical, non-technical and executive audiences.
You have an insatiable appetite for learning and motivation to become the expert - on products, clients, and industry trends. You are attentive to detail and are practiced at translating client needs into clear internal asks.
- 5+ years of full-time experience working in management consulting, energy, utilities or related areas
- Experience managing high value enterprise contracts and customers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to translate for diverse set of stakeholders
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks in response to immediate needs
- Proficiency in modern software tools (Gsuite, MS Office, Atlassian, Figma, CRMs, etc.)
- Advanced degree in engineering, business, or analytical sciences with a demonstrated focus on energy
- Significant domain expertise in one or several of the following areas: Electric mobility, power systems, demand response, enterprise software systems
- Fluency in data science concepts and data visualization tools
- Fluency in utility data standards (IEEE, IEC, OpenADR)
- Fluency in enterprise cloud software architecture and security