Our mission is to drive rapid decarbonization in global transport and power sectors by intelligently connecting electric vehicles to the grid. Our software uses predictive analytics and systems optimization to make it cheaper and safer for utilities to support the growth of electric vehicles, increase renewable energy adoption, and save customers money.
We are living through historic changes in the ways people use transportation — a sector that is now one of the largest and fastest-growing sources of greenhouse gas emissions.
Electric vehicle (EV) sales are growing at over 60% a year, with vehicle manufacturers spending billions to get ready for an electric future. Boston Consulting Group estimates EVs will account for over half of all vehicle sales by 2030. Electric utilities see massive opportunities in this transformation, as the rise of EVs could drive more growth in energy demand over the next 10 years than any decade since the 1950s.
Larger EV fleets can also help support renewable energy sources on the grid. But to accommodate growth in EVs, utilities will need to make substantial investments in infrastructure and technology. Weave Grid's software helps meet the challenge of our transition to electrified transport.
In this role, you will be helping the Weave Grid team and supporting the Director of Business Development and other company leadership in a wide array of capacities. Your work will encompass aspects of business research and strategy, supporting internal operations, and engaging with clients. Tasks may include:
- Identify client needs and exercising indirect influence to keep projects moving in a timely and efficient manner for all stakeholders
- Write formal project proposals, developing slides, and other tools to support utility-facing business development
- Participate in client meetings to support project management for transitioning new contracts into implementation
- Research detailed regulatory filings, state-level policies, and competitive landscapes to track and support market development
- Assist the Business Development team in creating high quality presentation materials for important utility-client meetings
- Develop quantitative models for valuing market opportunities, assessing engagement options, and prioritizing company resources
- Act as a functional, day-to-day liaison for key business relationships
- Ensure internal company operations run smoothly and helping build a healthy company culture
Target start date in Early November. Compensation will include competitive salary, equity, and benefits. Preference will be given to candidates based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- BA/BS or equivalent training/experience
- 3+ years of full-time experience working in management consulting, energy, utilities or related areas
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Individual initiative, solutions-orientated, and bring a spirit of inquiry to all new problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent work ethic
- Ability to work with diverse teams and translate between various areas of expertise
- Attention to detail and ability to function effectively under time pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks in response to immediate needs
- Passion for solving the climate challenge
- BA/BS in engineering, business, or the social sciences with a focus on energy
- Significant domain expertise in one or several of the following areas:
- Electric mobility
- Power systems
- Public utility regulation
- Residential energy assets
- Experience with at least one of the following areas:
- Writing proposals for projects and/or grants
- Market analysis, pricing models, and/or contracting
- In-depth analysis of energy policy and/or regulatory writing
- Background working at a high-growth company, industry consulting role, or similar fast-paced environment
- Ability to generate custom, well-documented economic models and identify key factors and model uncertainties
- Fluency in data visualization tools
How to apply
We want to see the best of you. Please share your highlights in a resumé and a cover letter, or with an email describing your experience, interests, and suitability for this role. Be sure to include any links to personal web pages, LinkedIn, or similar platforms. Send all correspondence to email@example.com.